TWENTY-FOUR THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME:
1. Writing and art have been my main interests since I was little. Although I've wanted to do other things (vet, firefighter, beautician) I've always wanted to be able to tell a good story and to create something. I'm lucky that these days I can incorporate both of these interests with my other big love; fashion.
2. I not so-secretly harbour dreams of one day becoming a chick lit author.
3. Charles Bukowski is my favourite writer.
4. I've been doing origami since I was about seven. There's something magical about turning flat things into 3D objects.
5. I have a First class degree in BA (Hons) Fashion Promotion & Imaging. It was a surprise to everyone.
6. I've been to university twice. The first time I quit after a couple of weeks because I decided suddenly that fashion was my vocation. I was enrolled on a BA English with Creative Writing course and had a nice £1000 a year scholarship that I left for four hour bus trips to get to my Foundation course at a college in the middle of nowhere.
7. I have no regrets. None. Not even those awful ex-boyfriends.
8. I have a fringe because without it, my forehead would look exceedingly large. I wish I didn't have such a large forehead.
9. I really like nail polish. And nail art. I'd like to get paid to do this too!
10. I collect designer bags. It's a total obsession although I don't think I own that many. It's also what I based my Final Major Project on.
11. If I had to choose three designers to wear for the rest of my life it would be Chanel, Marc Jacobs and Luella.
12. I'm a little obsessed with Hussein Chalayan. His shows sound absolutely mindblowing. Also a little obsessed with Anish Kapoor - I never gave much thought about sculpture until I saw his works. Incredible.
13. I'm a total francophile.
14. If I had to be a vegetable I'd pick the potato. So versatile and tasty! Not too good looking though, I have to say.
15. I'm a Taurus. I pretty much embody most Taurean traits.
16. I have two extra bones on each of my feet.
17. I'm kind of in love with Sarra Manning. I first laid eyes on her work reading J-17 when I was, er, 12. I'm still reading her books now and would love a career like hers. She's all sorts of amazeballs.
18. I can read music. Sorta.
19. I can also read HTML. I used to be better at coding but these days I skim read and make changes to the bits I want to edit. Like this layout.
20. When it comes to editing videos, I always dread the process. Doing the actual editing is fine and I have easily spent hours and days doing it but just thinking about starting it makes me want to cry.
21. You can reach me at email@example.com or tweet sweet nothings into my ear (or the like) at @awfyau. Basically if you want to find me, I'm usually under awfyau.
22. I really believe in the following: that everything happens for a reason, Sundays are the day of rest (barring Fashion Week), reincarnation probably does happen, positivity and positive thinking is the best way to think and that triple drains are bad luck and should be avoided at all costs.
23. I'm really into decoden
24. I'm one of the few people who are lucky enough to be able to say they love their job!